Workers everywhere, this will not surprise you. We go to roughly 62 meetings a month – almost three a day. We tend to believe that only half of the meetings we go to are worth our time. And during those meetings, 73% of us did other work – oftentimes just lending an ear to the discussion at hand.
In every meeting, three out of four people are tuned out, and only one person is paying attention. Next time you’re sitting in a conference room or listening on the phone, see if you can tell who is who. It might even be you. (For other workplace insights like the ones above, check out the rest of Atlassian’s findings.)
Those hours of unproductive meetings get amassed into unfathomable losses – more than $37 billion dollars per year are spent on unnecessary meetings. That’s B for billion.
It’s about time to reimagine what’s possible. Workers everywhere will thank you for it.
Make Meetings Productive
Ready to make meetings productive for your organization? Capture the attention of everyone on the phone and in the room with SMART kapp iQ.
- 4 Ways for Multitaskers to Change Their Ways - May 11, 2016
- Keep Calm and Continue on with SMART kapp App - March 9, 2016
- The Rise of Remote Work and What It Means to Your Workplace - January 20, 2016
- 2016 Technology Predictions - December 16, 2015
- How to Use SMART kapp: 3 Ways to Get Started - November 18, 2015
- How to Run an Effective Virtual Meeting - November 4, 2015
- The True Story Behind Reimagining the Dry-Erase Board - October 20, 2015
- 5 Meeting Trends and What’s Ahead - October 13, 2015
- The Future of Collaboration - October 7, 2015
- Make Meetings Productive [Infographic] - August 25, 2015