‘Tis the season… the season when we look forward to the industry’s’ premier enterprise communications event that is. In less than 2 weeks, thousands will descend upon Orlando to attend Enterprise Connect and hear the latest and greatest innovations mobility, UC&C, videoconferencing and more.
Enterprise Connect (née VoiceCon) is a show I love, and one that I’ve been attending for the past 10 years (although that’s nothing compared to some industry alum who have been attending 20+ years). There are many draws – amazing technological innovations, familiar faces, and some fairly “animated” conversations around UC, just to name a few.
As we head into EC season, here are five things I’m looking forward to seeing:
- SMART kapp. SMART kapp debuted in North America last June, but this is the first time EC goers will get a chance to get up close and personal with this innovation. If you haven’t hear of SMART kapp, well then shame on me… but just in case you haven’t, it’s the dry-erase board, reinvented. SMART kapp allows you to capture, share and save anything you write on it, using standard dry-erase makers. Gone are the days of transcribing your notes, or even worse, taking a photo with your mobile device to refer to later.
- Skype for Business. For me, this will be the first time I get to experience the look and feel for Skype for Business. I’ve long been a fan of Microsoft Lync (and before that OCS), so personally, I’m looking forward to this next evolution of my preferred (and most oft used) UC platform. As an added bonus, SMART will be in the Microsoft booth showing off our SMART Room System on the Skype for Business platform. Of course you can also see our system in action in SMART’s booth (1035). And if you want to learn more about conference room solutions dedicated to Skype for Business, be sure to attend the Lync for Conference Room Video session.
- Innovation Showcase. While I can’t make this year’s session in-person, I’m looking forward to hearing who makes the shortlist at this year’s event. The Showcase includes selected companies with proven effective and innovative solutions for enterprise collaboration. All of the companies selected for the showcase are new to Enterprise Connect, and this session feature presentations and demonstrations from the top four Showcase companies.
- Industry analysts. No show has a more comprehensive gathering of my favorite industry experts. Don’t get me wrong – I love catching up with old coworkers (I’ve attended carrying four different business cards over the years), but nothing beats the perspective of those who follow this industry for a living without any vendor loyalties. I love hearing their thoughts on new technologies, new entrants to the market, and of course, on SMART.
- Alligators. The show just wouldn’t be the same if it weren’t at the Gaylord Palms, wouldn’t we all agree? 🙂
How about you? What (and who) are you most excited to see at this year’s Enterprise Connect? I’d love to hear from others!
- What Kind of Collaborator Are You? - January 27, 2016
- The Modern Day Whiteboard for the Modern Day Meeting - December 2, 2015
- What’s All the Hubbub About Brainstorming? - October 28, 2015
- Five Virtual Meeting Personas – Which One Are You? - October 6, 2015
- Innovators to Laggards: Where Do You Fall on the Technology Adoption Curve? - September 22, 2015
- The Secret to Supporting a Successful Remote Team - August 2, 2015
- The kapp Family Is Growing – Welcome to SMART kapp iQ! - May 14, 2015
- The Countdown Is On! Five Must-Sees at Enterprise Connect - March 3, 2015
- Sneak Peek: Five Collaboration Ideas from Inside Plantronics - October 27, 2014