Hello again! We gave office meetings a bit of a hard time in our Halloween post and they generally aren’t represented well in pop culture or in memes. Even Brittany made an Office Space joke last week in her post promoting Jacob Morgan’s upcoming webinar on December 9th.
Let’s take a kinder, gentler approach this week. It is the week to give thanks, after all, so here are seven things about meetings to be thankful for that I collected from our blog contributors.
1. …for meetings that bring out the voices of people who don’t talk a lot but have so much to say.
2. …when getting together resolves an issue much faster than a lot of e-mail back and forth. Get out of your inbox and go talk about it.
3. …for Microsoft Lync when I am at my desk and need to talk to someone 1:1 – it’s easy, simple and works every time.
4. …for those times where one idea leads to another and we all feel inspired afterwards. True collaboration in action!
5. …for Meeting Pro unbound workspace (seriously how did I ever work before it?) rather than just presenting a PowerPoint (yawn).
6. …for meetings that don’t feel like lost time – those magic moments that lead to a solution in less time than originally scheduled.
7. …for those humorous times during a meeting, or failing that, when there are cupcakes. Viva la cupcake!
Speaking of food – have a great Thanksgiving American readers!
What are you thankful for about meetings? Share here or on Twitter: @SMARTCollab.
- Making Collaboration a Reality: Enabling Small Steps - March 10, 2015
- SMART kapp Wins Best of Show at ISE 2015! - February 12, 2015
- 2014: The Year That Was (And Looking To 2015) - December 18, 2014
- Lync and Skype for Business: Four Observations - December 8, 2014
- 7 Things About Meetings We’re Thankful For - November 24, 2014
- Reflect and Remember – Honoring Our Military Service Customers - November 7, 2014
- Why the Millennial Takeover Will Be ‘Nice’ and Critical to Business: Wired Insights from CTO Warren Barkley - November 5, 2014
- Five Halloween-Inspired Meeting Horror Stories (And How to Make Them Less Scary) - October 30, 2014
- Business Anthropology Part 3 – Disconnected From the Herd - June 18, 2014
- Business Anthropology Part 2: Paper – The Unevolved Meeting Tool - June 10, 2014