In 2012, SMART commissioned a global research study to get a better understanding of organizational value as it relates to their investment in collaboration. Is the value from collaboration different depending on whether you invest in video or only audio conferencing?
If you design spaces for collaboration or if you integrate technology with existing spaces?
The core finding of this initial study is that collaboration is not a binary equation, a question of “am I collaborating, or not?” It is a continuum, and depending on how your organization invests in people, technology and best practices, you will fall in one of five levels on the continuum. And depending on which level you’re in, collaboration value will look dramatically different.
After we completed the initial research study, we wanted to give organizations a way to measure their collaboration maturity and the resulting business value, so we created a free, online assessment that helps businesses benchmark their collaboration maturity and measure business value. So far we have more than 1500 participants worldwide!
You can learn more about the assessment and access it here. There’s a compressed version if you’re short on time and a longer version for the data fanatics out there.
Are you seeing value from collaboration? If so, what form is it in? A reduction in travel expenses? An increase in productivity? How are you measuring it?
- Instantly Make Meetings Better with Integration - September 28, 2015
- Workplace Trends: 3 Insights from C-Suite - June 17, 2015
- Lessons from the C-Suite Conference in Boston - April 23, 2015
- 5 Types of Great Meetings - April 1, 2015
- The 5 Types of Meetings That Drive Me Crazy - February 24, 2015
- Sit or Stand? 5 Reasons from the Diary of an Interactive Presenter - February 10, 2015
- 3 Ways Millennials Use Technology Differently - December 2, 2014
- Millennials Don’t Know How to Use Fax Machines (And Other Insights From Future of Work’s Jacob Morgan) - November 21, 2014
- Visual Learning – Not Just for Kids: How Visual (and Collaborative) Is Your Training? - November 10, 2014
- 3 tips from best-in-class collaborative companies - October 21, 2014